Genoger, The Beast of The Rolling Plains
Creating a Sea Kin:
• Humanoid (human): Sea kin are humanoid creatures with the human subtype.
• Medium: As Medium creatures, sea kin have no bonuses or penalties due to size.
• Sea kin base land speed is 30 feet. Their base swim speed is 30 feet.
• Low-Light Vision: Sea kin can see twice as far as a human in starlight, moonlight, and similar conditions of poor illumination. They retain the ability to distinguish color and detail under these conditions.
• 4 extra skill points at 1st level and 1 extra skill point at each additional level: Sea kin (like their human ancestors) are versatile and capable. (The 4 skill points at 1st level are added on as a bonus, not multiplied in.)
• +2 racial bonus on Escape Artist checks: Sea kin naturally secrete a slippery oil to facilitate swimming. This secretion also makes it easy for them to slip out of restraints.
• Hold Breath (Ex): A sea kin can hold his breath for a number of rounds equal to 8 × his Constitution score before he risks drowning.
• Weapon Familiarity: Sea kin treat tridents and nets as simple weapons.
• Water Dependency: A sea kin must immerse his entire body in water at least once a week or suffer ill effects. After a week has passed, a sea kin must make a Constitution check every day thereafter (DC 10 + 1 per additional day) or take 1 point of Constitution damage. Once a sea kin immerses his body in water, he immediately regains 1d4 points of Constitution per hour that he remains in water.
• Automatic Language: Common. Bonus Languages: Aquan, Elven, and Sahuagin.
• Favored Class: Druid.